Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome to my Kitchen!!

Hello Eaters! Happy New Year. Wow..I'm not used to this blogging thing but what the hey..who is?! So I'm watching the Food Network today and they are giving a special called Breakfast in Bed. I wish someone will bring me some hash browns and hickory smoked bacon on a platter to my bed. But it's so AWESOME! Paula Deen made this exquiste breakfast burrito with re-fried beans..prefectly fried eggs..peppers..mmmmmm I woke up really quick when I saw that. She made oatmeal too..WITH BUTTER?! She manages to put butter in EVERY MEAL SHE HAS! I wanna know what her doctor says when she pays them a visit. So lemme let you in on a little secret. Alot of people are intimated by cooking eggs. The perfect eggs to some people are impossible to achieve. Well have no fear..SASHI'S HERE! I love scrambled eggs and I actually made my twin (yes I have a twin sister..no she isn't obsessed with food like me) an egg and chesse sandwich last night so I exercised these tips.

1. Add a dash of milk to your egg mixture. It makes the eggs rich and fluffy like a cloud!

2. I put a spinkle some cayanne pepper for a PUNCH of flavor.

3. "Ebony and ivory work together in perfect harmony" Salt and ground black pepper are the way to go! (don't over-season your eggs with your entire pantry..trust me..I've had some bad egg stories -_-)

4. I would recommend that you use butter in your pan. It gives the eggs a wonderful taste.

4. For the perfect consistency and texture: when you add your egg mixture to your medium-high pan..DO NOT STIR! it's very tempting but leave for a minute until the bottom sets. With your rubber spatula, fold the edges of your eggs to the center. Tilt your pan if you must to allow the liquid egg to move underneath. Repeat until there is no more liquid.

5. Reduce the heat to low and gently turn and stir the eggs until all uncooked parts are cooked. Add your cheese or other ingredients now. Don't break up the eggs. You want nice full, bite size pieces not beady peas.

6.  Plate your eggs and enjoy :)


So here you go! Conquer your fears and you show those eggs whose boss. Nothing is impossible in the kitchen. Your in charge. Well..I'm turning off the burner for now. Nice talking to you all!


                                                                                                                                  Take a Bite!
                                                                                                                                   -SASHI-

3 comments:

  1. oww! Go Sascha! I didn't know about adding milk to your eggs...hmm. I'll try that the next time I make some =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahha! That's how you make eggs fluffy..hmm okay thanks for the tip Madame Saschi..

    ReplyDelete