Sunday, January 2, 2011

Veggie Galore

Goodnight Eaters! What's cooking? Today was a very interesting day. For those of you who do not know..I'm a Christian and at my church we are about to enter into a 21 day fast. Fasting is basically abstaining from certain foods or pleasures to get closer to God. I didn't want to assume everyone knew that. So with this fast, my church and many other Christians around the U.S. are participating in a Daniel's Fast. In the Bible..a man named Daniel refused to eat the meat given by the King during that time for 21 days. And great things resulted from that. Such great things. However..I'm not as strong as Daniel was because I love me some pesto pasta with grilled chicken and charred red pepper with molted chocolate cake and ice cream on....sigh I will go on and on. So here is my challenge. I love God more than I love food so I have decided to make this commitment. I have certain foods in my "basket." I have unlimted fruits, veggies, whole grains and 100% fruit juices. THAT'S IT..NOTHING MORE! Starting on Jan 9, 2010, I will have to create different meals from these products. I'm used to using my milk, butter, pasta, and chicken. Now I have to convert to soy, olive oil, whole wheat and tofu. Real chefs don't complain. They create something out of nothing. And I wanna be a real chef.  Think I can do it? I'm interested in what you all think. Give me some ideas of what I can put on my palette during my fast. During my fast..I will be sharing some of the recipes that I will develop and upload videos and pictures of my dishes. By the way.. these recipes are NOT  only limited to those who fast. Looking for a diet plan..want to eat healthier..how about try something new..or even modify your diet? YOU DECIDE! Join me on my journey through this revolutionary spiritual, culinary experience. Burners out for tonight. Nice eating with you!

                                                                                                 Take a Bite!
                                                                                                  -SASHI-

No comments:

Post a Comment